• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

hone

150cc
I just about have one of these done, now I hope the weather will be nice this weekend for me to try it out.

Man you're going to love this plane. I'm working on getting mine back in the air. It's been waiting on new hinges for the tail surfaces for a while now. I can't believe how long i've let this plane sit.

hone

150cc
[video=vimeo;49287505]https://vimeo.com/49287505[/video]​

Nice flying Doc! I took the Extra out again today and i have to say it has fallen to a close second behind the MXS as my favorite plane. It's still a BEAST of an airplane though, and i'd love to fly one with a torque v2 and HV servos like i have on the MXS. I just got new SFGs and wheel pants so it's looking sexy.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Here's some video of my second 60" Extra for enjoyment.

Doesn't fly quite as nice as the first one I had as it seems from a different batch and is a little more nose heavy on the same setup as #1.

Still a sweet flyer.

[video=vimeo;56685764]https://vimeo.com/56685764[/video]

Feral

Hi dudes I'm picking one of these up today off a mate of mine is there any recommendations to get this bird flying sweet?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Hi dudes I'm picking one of these up today off a mate of mine is there any recommendations to get this bird flying sweet?

That all depends mate.

What's he got in it?

They fly real sweet when set up as per the manual, one thing I found is not to try for 45 deg aileron throw. It really only needs about 30-35 degree aileron each way and rolls like a missile at that. Any more aileron and most likely will get blow back if using hitec servos.

hone

150cc
You'll love the Extra. I loved mine from the first flight. I only got rid of mine after getting the MXS but i kind of regret selling it. It was such a great flying plane.