• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Cool, did you get the wheel pants with yours? They were missing on mine and weren't available at the time I looked.
One thing to look out for is that curtain rod they use for a wing tube. The guy I got mine from bent it on a rough landing. It was pretty flimsy.
Terry, did I see in one of your posts that you use Gorilla Glue CA? I was ordering some casters for a creeper seat for work from McMaster Carr and saw that they had it so I ordered some. In typical fashion I ordered the stuff on Monday at noon and it was here Tuesday at 11:00. Can't beat that!

Yes I have the pants but may or may not use them, they actually get assembled as part of the strut and make the thing sound like a rickety lumber wagon when you taxi. They are still on it after the other guy owned it so we'll see. 10-4 on the wing tube, I'll be doing several things inside the wing like making flaps and changing the wing tube.

Titebond CA, Medium and thick. It is formulated to work well with fiberglass and it also does not get brittle like a lot of other CA's.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Yes I have the pants but may or may not use them, they actually get assembled as part of the strut and make the thing sound like a rickety lumber wagon when you taxi. They are still on it after the other guy owned it so we'll see. 10-4 on the wing tube, I'll be doing several things inside the wing like making flaps and changing the wing tube.

Titebond CA, Medium and thick. It is formulated to work well with fiberglass and it also does not get brittle like a lot of other CA's.
I'll have to give the Titebond CA a try. I love their wood glue. I'll check Lowes next time I'm there and see if they have it.

Yup I bleed ford blue like Mike said my whole family does. My moms daily driver is a 2014 Mustang GT with 6speed manual. I like some gm cars though. When it comes to Cameros I prefer the 67-69 or jump up to the 3rd gen body from the late 80's early 90's. Very similar in style to my fox body mustang I used to have. As long as it goes fast I like it though.
Or If all else fails, you can always do it like my brother did .He has a Fox body Mustang with a 377 chevy in it. Still street legal (barely) full cage, narrowed rear end, running street slicks. It's a wild ride!!!

BalsaDust

Or If all else fails, you can always do it like my brother did .He has a Fox body Mustang with a 377 chevy in it. Still street legal (barely) full cage, narrowed rear end, running street slicks. It's a wild ride!!!

That's just as bad as owning a Chevy. LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That's just as bad as owning a Chevy. LOL

I've been eating lunch on Saturdays with a group of car guys since about 82. The group has changed some over the years, but there's about 15 of us right now with 3 Ford guys, 1 Chrysler guy, and the rest Chevy guys. The average Saturday we have about 8 people show up and somehow we all manage to get along.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I finished covering the tail surfaces yesterday. After I covered the first half of the one I posted earlier this week I really didn't like the way I did structure in the tip, it just didn't look right covered. So, I added another rib at an angle in the front and recovered it. I'm much happier now.
The tail surfaces are ready for primer.

20160312_175811_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well I finished covering the tail surfaces yesterday. After I covered the first half of the one I posted earlier this week I really didn't like the way I did structure in the tip, it just didn't look right covered. So, I added another rib at an angle in the front and recovered it. I'm much happier now.
The tail surfaces are ready for primer.

View attachment 52468
The angled rib looks terrific. It adds just the right contour and look.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You getting there slowly. It sure takes a lot of time to scratch build a plane the way you are doing it but when you are done there will be nothing like it and your own.