• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
All pictures reposted starting on page 4

Building season is nearly upon us here so it's about time to get going on my scratch build project again. I've had a build thread in the other place under the same name and now that I'm going to get going on it again I wanted to start a thread here. There really isn't a good category for it so I decided it fit into scale better than any of the others.

The basic design is a vintage racer based on a P-47 cowl. I had originally drawn the airplane to be a totally scratch built 100cc size with the gear mounted in the wings. I changed the design to 50cc size with fuse mounted gear, to use a set of wings and stabs left over from a crashed Yak.

The first posts will be pictures of the progress to date, with more following as I go. There is still some good flying weather ahead so progress may move slow.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Thanks for starting this thread over here. I can't wait to see it finished.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
NICE, I had to take a break this week but I'm looking forward to hitting building my self.

This plane kicks ass and I hope to see it in person next year.      DesMoines huckfest........better be there.       No pressure.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
subd' 

nice design Jet, looks like a fun project. now wheres that smiley with the guy eating popcorn?
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif
 guess this one will do.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey now..that looks like it will be a really fun build. I wanna see how this turns out. 'S-cuse me... pardon me, is that seat taken? I'm in!!!!