• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@Jetpainter would by any chance have the paint code for Ultracoat orange, purple and white. Thanks
Which Purple? Ultracoat has a couple different purples.
Here are the most commonly used colors.
Pearl Purple: HANU847
Orange: HANU877
White: HANU870

Hope that helps some.

Ah crap...just read that again. You wanted paint code. Der....sorry.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for trying hope to find the codes some way.
Ask and you shall receive. :) I have no idea how accurate they are, but I found these. They are for PPG paint.
http://www.rcfaq.com/ANSWERS/COVERING/paintchart.htm

Another option is to find a automotive paint store in your area and see if they can scan a sample of Ultracote for you then mix some.
If you go the scan route, iron a piece of Ultracote on a piece of plywood about 4" square, or about 100mm for you Canadian folks.;)

The color changes when its on wood, and they'll need a solid surface to scan from.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Found that a couple days ago but the paint store said that it was really old info and he could not work from it. Thanks for trying to help.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Found that a couple days ago but the paint store said that it was really old info and he could not work from it. Thanks for trying to help.

That doesn't sound right. From what I can tell from PPG's website DMC toners are still available. You should be able to make those.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I made a little addition to my wing tips today. I added a rib section to the front of each tip to make the covering lay smoother. I considered doing it at a 45 like I did on the elevators, but decided just to make it straight. I think it's going to work out well.

I've put off covering these wings for about as long as I can. Hopefully this week it will happen.;)
20160320_165230_resized.jpg
20160320_170438_resized.jpg
20160320_171734_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks good. But just lay some covering over that section and pull it tight with your hands and take look, you may have extend that rib to the trailing edge not sure.