• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

a little more work on the one brake shoes, still more to do but its coming

Attachments

• ii.JPG
    ii.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 238
  • ij.JPG
    ij.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 238
  • ik.JPG
    ik.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 257

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Said it before, will say it again. You are one mad scientist master craftsman. I know it is still going to be a bit before this girl maidens. But dang man, hurry up. I wanna see the finished and flying product. Hey, wanna do another one for me? LOL..... Love it Roger.

a bit more work on the brakes, but had to modify the wheel center section, making my own

Attachments

• il.JPG
    il.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 236
  • im.JPG
    im.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 219
  • in.JPG
    in.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 209
fitting the wheel rim to the brake drum,

Attachments

• io.JPG
    io.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 205
  • ip.JPG
    ip.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 214
  • iq.JPG
    iq.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 214
  • ir.JPG
    ir.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 187
Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but what are you planning to use for brake shoe material?
actually you didn't miss anything, I wasn't sure but I found a rubberized gasket material, which I will use and hopefully it will do the trick, I should have some pictures of it soon after Christmas.
Remember this is not used for hard stopping but rather controlled turning and hold the airplane while running the engines

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Will rubber not grab a little quick or be to sticky? I guess if it's a rubber/cork material then it should work then. I'm really enjoying all the attention to the little details such as these brakes.

Will rubber not grab a little quick or be to sticky? I guess if it's a rubber/cork material then it should work then. I'm really enjoying all the attention to the little details such as these brakes.
good point, its not rubber as such but rather a rubberized material, , with this being said, I can only hope it will work , stay tuned LOL