• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Do you think the brake setups are going to add a noticeable weight deficit?
good point,
I calculated that by removing the steel wheel hub and adding the aluminum hub/brake drum, it came out about even, so now there is the brake shoes, wheel cylinder which adds about 20 grams each wheel, what is left to add is the two servos to activate these, plus the small cylinders , and the oil for hydraulics, so all in all not much added weight .

That's just awesome. Hydraulic brakes on an r/c airplane. How cool is that?
Thanks I just hope it all works. Here is how I plan it, first I didn't want an air tank, so this was out of the question. at first I experimented with simple free atmospheric air with a large piston at the servo end could be enough, but not pleased with that either, So with a closed system with oil from the master cylinder to the brake cylinder was my only choice , but with this said, the whole closed loop system had to go into the wing since as you well know, the wings comes off. So the powerful servo will mounted with the master cylinder inside the wing, and only needs electrical connection to the fuselage which by the way will be only on 15 pin plug which will make it easier and safer ...
Now all this is hoping it will work as planned LOL

getting there. Main spring missing but stores are closed today ,

Attachments

• is.JPG
    is.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 206
  • it.JPG
    it.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 219
  • iu.JPG
    iu.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 226
The pushrod system is starting to take shape, the two Pro Amp servos will be in the front away from view, still need to find the best way without interference with each other.

Attachments

• ja.JPG
    ja.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 180
  • jb.JPG
    jb.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 212
  • jc.JPG
    jc.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 220
  • jd.JPG
    jd.JPG