• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
a short Video on the aileron setup

Roger....watched this a few times. Am I correct that the small boost tab servo is programmed to provide appropriate tab deflection, given the amount of aileron movement, which is actually driven by the large servo/torque tube?

Roger....watched this a few times. Am I correct that the small boost tab servo is programmed to provide appropriate tab deflection, given the amount of aileron movement, which is actually driven by the large servo/torque tube?
Your exactly right, its controlled by an extra aileron channel, which I can then adjust it properly,,,

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Your exactly right, its controlled by an extra aileron channel, which I can then adjust it properly,,,
Oh too cool. So no control surface trimming? Trimmed with boost tabs as well as independent fine tuning? Or does it even work that way? Never seen the boost tabs on an rc. It's just...neat!

Oh too cool. So no control surface trimming? Trimmed with boost tabs as well as independent fine tuning? Or does it even work that way? Never seen the boost tabs on an rc. It's just...neat!
You still have to trim the proper way of radio control airplanes, these boost tabs are just boost capable to help the main servo.
remember trim tabs in full size airplanes , when activated to trim the airplane, your main controls are floating . Not so with radio control since the servos are holding the control surface....

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Roger...will your telemetry allow you to see amperage draw on the boost tab servo? Not sure if it is possible to get the right amount of movement so it doesn't fight the main ail servo.

Roger...will your telemetry allow you to see amperage draw on the boost tab servo? Not sure if it is possible to get the right amount of movement so it doesn't fight the main ail servo.
That's a good question, I probably could get the amperage from the servo, I might just try that , thanks for the suggestion.
As far as getting it right, I will only base myself on the many years of doing this, and hope it all works out LOL

I have a request from anyone out there that might be able to help. The reason you haven't heard much lately about the brakes is I am in a bind.
I'm trying to find a round piece of aluminum 3 inches in dia. from 12 " to 15 " long,
There is a supplier here where I live but I would have to buy 60 feet of it, which of course is out of the question.
So if you know a source at decent prices, I am very interested to hear about it.

Thanks guys , appreciated
Roger