• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

lately on the work I am doing, a lot of hours with very little to show for it, Here I have installed sort of blind nuts , they are actually weld nuts but I simply drilled small holes to install in the aluminum with 4-40 screws, and received what I hope will be the brake master cylinders, one each wheel

Attachments

• jh.JPG
    jh.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 271
  • ji.JPG
    ji.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 231
  • jj.JPG
    jj.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 216
a rest on the wing and a bit on the brake master, this is only a test setup, and so far it works great , I will install the radio for more test, so far very happy

Attachments

• jk.JPG
    jk.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 231
  • jl.JPG
    jl.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 211
  • jm.JPG
    jm.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 251
  • jn.JPG
    jn.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 252

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Looks great Roger! Could you take an automotive brake pad and machine some pieces out of the friction material they use? Might be a bit tricky, I don't know. Just a thought I had when I saw this vid.

Looks great Roger! Could you take an automotive brake pad and machine some pieces out of the friction material they use? Might be a bit tricky, I don't know. Just a thought I had when I saw this vid.
Thanks, I will be looking at all options, right now I need to eleminate all air bubbles,

I made a second video with the camera on a tripod this time, but upon watching it, although I said I had taken care of the air bubbles, I actually see some more air bubbles, hmmm back to the drawing board.

The brakes twin piston, aren't working the way I like, too short and binds trying to go back in, so I made another one with a longer single piston, and two O rings, lets see if this is better...

I realize I'm not very consistent in posting, sorry about that I just don't like to post things that could very well be boring , anyway, lately will glue sets and such, I have been working to develop an alternator to charge onboard batteries, and I have succeeded, still a long way from using it but I'm on the right track, now I need to find a way to overspeed the alternator (brushless motor) by about 4 to 1
The other thing I've been doing is to install the FPV headtracker camera in my little test plane . You have to love this hobby.