• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

SteveT.

100cc
I don't know why, but every time I go to maiden a new plane it gets very windy, so, only one flight, but it flew great!! Just a couple clicks of down elevator, and when rolled inverted it showed to be just a touch tail heavy as it was just barely climbing. By the time I adjust the CG, I will probably lose the two clicks of trim it needed...

Sorry, no photos...

SteveT

Manta

70cc twin V2
Eh hem. These new loxes sure look good. Need some video!! Remember i live jealously thru u guys. :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just got mine a few days ago... damn that red/yellow scheme is SEXY! I've got a few different planes in the build queue, so I'm not sure when i'll start the velox, but when I do, I'll make sure to post some pictures!

-G

SteveT.

100cc
I thought I would see if a laser cut extension box would be any lighter than my aluminum one, so, I designed one and had it laser cut, and yes it is lighter, so, maybe I can get some of the weight out of the tail...

SteveT

Attachments

• Extension.jpg
    Extension.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 236

SteveT.

100cc
National Balsa...I have had things cut at Manzanao Laser before, but they couldn't cut anything over 1/8" and this had to have the front and back pieces cut out of 3/16" ...and they didn't even carry 3/32" which are what the sides and top are made of... I must say, I was a pit disappointed at the amount of charring/smoke on the wood, but it doesn't "hurt' anything, just not very pretty...

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator: