• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

A couple of pictures of my 70 from yesterday.

Velox 2.jpgVelox 1.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
sweet pics...you're making me want one! How does it compare to the other birds you have?

-G

Maiden complete!

Got to fly two flights on my Motrolfly-powered 70" (blue) and a pull on FlyingDreams' gas powered 68".

Was pretty breezy so I didn't do a lot of trimming, but it flew great! Just about neutral while inverted, immediately comfortable with it!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 721

horton

50cc
Maiden complete!

Got to fly two flights on my Motrolfly-powered 70" (blue) and a pull on FlyingDreams' gas powered 68".

Was pretty breezy so I didn't do a lot of trimming, but it flew great! Just about neutral while inverted, immediately comfortable with it!

Congrats!

sweet pics...you're making me want one! How does it compare to the other birds you have?

-G

Well, the 7x size range is new to me... before buying this I had only flown a 74" Edge once and a 72" Extra twice. IMO the planes in this range feel a little different than my 51 or 87, a lot more control authority than the little guys, but retain the more nimble feel of smaller planes while the 87 can feel like slow motion comparatively. Maybe that is in my head though.

Mine is slightly heavy with a A50-12L on 6s (which has CRAZY top speed), but it is still amazingly floaty in upright harrier... people just can't believe how solid it is. It also does bitchin pop-tops, as good or better than my 51" Slick.

Things seem to happen really, really fast with it, which is awesome but sort of scary. I love to do full speed passes, tilt the nose up a tiny bit, then slam both sticks to the bottom left. It does a crazy fast double snap roll tumble and I fly it out straight and level. The 90 degree portions of 4 point rolls can be done ridiculously fast, like no other plane I've flown.

If there is anything I dislike is that when I do a blender I have real trouble recovering in an upright harrier. For me the tail just wants to keep rotating. I can do it fine with all my other planes, so maybe I just need to work on it a bit more. I gave too much elevator in an inverted harrier once and started an inverted flat spin pretty low, freaked me out.

All in all I am having a blast with it. It hovers super easy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Pshhhhh, it was shameful that this forum had no Velox thread! So here we go.

A couple of pictures of my 70 from yesterday.

Thanks for starting the thread....we have to start somewhere...why not you? why not now? :)

I gotta say that every time I see that red and yellow scheme, I like it more and more...that has to be one of the sharpest schemes I've seen in a while!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Things seem to happen really, really fast with it, which is awesome but sort of scary.

This is one of the things about the Velox series that scare me a little... as I lost my 48" Velox from it being too "fast" for me and my skill level at that time.

SteveT.

100cc
This is one of the things about the Velox series that scare me a little... as I lost my 48" Velox from it being too "fast" for me and my skill level at that time.

Nah..... Big Velox is a pussycat.....let's put it this way..... "I" can fly one!!! :D :D :D

SteveT