• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Joshet89

50cc
Glad you guys are enjoying the Velox. Looking forward to getting mine flying this weekend.

Quick reminder, double check the canopy hatch latch. Especially if using a gas engine. Doesn't hurt to add some glue around the latch.

What do you mean?? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCHkEFes0U&list=UUULir9XHnfLeuT53qisNUcw&index=2&feature=plcp

I got my full maiden in after, What a blast this thing is to fly! Never had an airplane as wicked and violently pitchy as this!

here is the full very raw and unedited maiden vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7rXUoWnzVE&list=UUULir9XHnfLeuT53qisNUcw&index=1&feature=plcp

SnowDog

SnowDog

ha ha nice landing (bounce) after the full maiden video!
what motor do you have in there that sounds so sweet?

Joshet89

50cc
Haha thanks for landing compliment, it's funny b/c anytime I bounce a landing I hear my dad teaching me to land 20 years ago "I give that landing a 13, 4 for the first 9 for the second" :D

That is a dle 20 on stock muffler running a vess 17x6, ran it for a while on my Vyper and was a great power plant on there. I just wanted to get a hard core hucking machine so I am giving my Vyper airframe to a flying buddy who needs bigger balsa plane. I figured if I want to draw lines I have the Osiris.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
P1220246.jpgP1220249.jpg

njswede

150cc
That is a dle 20 on stock muffler running a vess 17x6, ran it for a while on my Vyper and was a great power plant on there. I just wanted to get a hard core hucking machine so I am giving my Vyper airframe to a flying buddy who needs bigger balsa plane. I figured if I want to draw lines I have the Osiris.

I'm looking at the Velox as a possible airframe for my planned quarter scale gasser build. Would you say the 20cc is more than enough and there's no need to go completely insane with a 30cc? I'm still working on my basic 3D skills, so I don't need anything super extreme.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I came across a cool motor, the 23CC JC EVO... nearly as much power as the DLE30, but a weight only 5oz more than the DLE20. I really want to get a Velox!