• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

horton

50cc
Glad you guys are enjoying the Velox. Looking forward to getting mine flying this weekend.

Quick reminder, double check the canopy hatch latch. Especially if using a gas engine. Doesn't hurt to add some glue around the latch.

SteveT.

100cc
Glad you guys are enjoying the Velox. Looking forward to getting mine flying this weekend.

Quick reminder, double check the canopy hatch latch. Especially if using a gas engine. Doesn't hurt to add some glue around the latch.

Thanks for that info Noll....it is appreciated.... Are you talking about around the wood, that the latch is mounted into? Of the latch itself?

SteveT

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for that info Noll....it is appreciated.... Are you talking about around the wood, that the latch is mounted into? Of the latch itself?

SteveT

Steve, I'm guessing if you put glue into the latch itself, you'd have a very hard time getting your canopy back onto the airplane... :p

dougb

50cc
I just received my Velox, planning on using a A50-16S on 6S 5000mah with an 18x8. Am I on the right track to fun? :)

Doug B.

SteveT.

100cc
I just received my Velox, planning on using a A50-16S on 6S 5000mah with an 18x8. Am I on the right track to fun? :)

Doug B.

Yes....just watch your batteries.....I have one with that setup and the way I fly it, it "eats" my batteries pretty quickly....I only get about five minutes of flying time... YMMV.. But I was also flying mine on an 18X10...not an 18X8

SteveT

horton

50cc

Doug B.

Yes. The A50-16S is the recommended motor. I have my timer set for 5:30. Depends on your flying style.

We should have a Hacker A60-5XS on the way to play with in the Velox. Should be fun.

As far as canopy hatch latch, yes always good to check the glue around the latch. Apply more as needed.

dougb

50cc
Yes....just watch your batteries.....I have one with that setup and the way I fly it, it "eats" my batteries pretty quickly....I only get about five minutes of flying time... YMMV.. But I was also flying mine on an 18X10...not an 18X8

Yes. The A50-16S is the recommended motor. I have my timer set for 5:30. Depends on your flying style.
We should have a Hacker A60-5XS on the way to play with in the Velox. Should be fun.

Thanks for the tips. A 5 - 5.5 minute flight works for me. Is the Hacker A60-5XS a drop in replacement for the A50-16S i.e. same 6S battery? same prop?

Need to finish assembling my 72 Extra before I tackle the Velox. Going to be hard though. I must say that the yellow Velox is a sexy looking plane. :cool:

Doug B.