• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 3dhs 108 extra build thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Twister said
Pbilt024 Yes it is a vvrc painted spinner. the scheme is so nice on this plane I thought it needed it.
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Haven't updated in a while and I just don't have time anymore to do detailed build threads with flight videos..
But if this counts the dle 120 is a monster on this plane.. 5 flights and I'm ripping up a falcon 29x9.

I had some small fits with a few blind nuts, some covering is peeling which this one has some busy trim..

But the plane is build more ruggedly than any other arf I ever had and flies on a rail.. It also does gyroscopic stuff awesome too.. I see my big yak taking an early retirement:)

I seen it too. Airplane appears to fly good. Too windy to tell. But will have to take his word for it. The Dong Lin Engine is the right combo for the airplane.

Twister

70cc twin V2
Finally put the pilot in. Tried a mez 29x10s didn't rip as much as the biela 29x10 but it still rips. going to try some different props tomorrow20141108_152922.jpg 20141108_152946.jpg 20141108_153042~2.jpg

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
Haven't updated in a while and I just don't have time anymore to do detailed build threads with flight videos..
But if this counts the dle 120 is a monster on this plane.. 5 flights and I'm ripping up a falcon 29x9.

I had some small fits with a few blind nuts, some covering is peeling which this one has some busy trim..

I know what you mean on the covering, I have a lot of the clear peeling completely off of the dark yellow in many spots.

But the plane is build more ruggedly than any other arf I ever had and flies on a rail.. It also does gyroscopic stuff awesome too.. I see my big yak taking an early retirement:)

Doug.K

New to GSN!
Hey guys, just getting ready to start on my plane and I wanted to try the push/pull rudder system in this one. Has anyone had any CG issues with this set up? I'll be using a DA 120, J&A slick mufflers, no smoke. I'm going to put a Hitec 7990 in for the rudder. I've had this for a while and thought it would work here. What do ya think?
I'm also running the Tech Aero IBEC. Not sure of the batteries yet. Going HV but was going to size them with CG in mine. I've been running 2 2500 mah A123's in my other 35%ers.

Last edited: