• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 3dhs 108 extra build thread

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Bunky F. Knuckle said
You gonna use those extensions that came in the airframe??  You surely don't want to run anything else??
Nope. Already pulled them out. May wrap them up as a nice necklace for natasha:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Friend of mine just received his Yellow and Black yesterday. That scheme will jab your eyes out. Freaking SWEET.....

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
My Red/White/Blue delivers tomorrow!!  Bolted up the DLE120 I took off my slick (before I dabbled in GP) to the bench and got her dialed in and ready!  Prop, spinner, servos, RX, batts, pilot and more ready to go, just need my plane now!!!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Stopped by to look at Terry's and man it looks nice. Not sure about the painted "points" on the canopy, but it sure is purdy.

Twister

70cc twin V2
Mounted the GP123 and Smooth pipes. Just need some time to do the rest

20141007_184447.jpg

20141007_184551.jpg

pipe1.jpg

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
SupaTim said
My Red/White/Blue delivers tomorrow!!  Bolted up the DLE120 I took off my slick (before I dabbled in GP) to the bench and got her dialed in and ready!  Prop, spinner, servos, RX, batts, pilot and more ready to go, just need my plane now!!!
Be sure to post your build. And it goes without saying.....VIDEO.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

tylerzx9r

100cc
Really digging the Yellow one! At first I thought it was too busy for a scheme, but the more I look at them.... the more I want one!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
tylerzx9r said
Really digging the Yellow one! At first I thought it was too busy for a scheme, but the more I look at them.... the more I want one!
It is busy but it looks pretty cocky in person.    I think I decided to go with a DA120 on mine and make it stupid.

Twister

70cc twin V2
View attachment 889 View attachment 890 View attachment 891 Finally finished mine. Maiden went great 1 click of right ail was all it needed. The only problem I have is the gp123 with the smooth pipes rips the snot out of the biela 29x10 at anything above half throttle. The pipes came in at 93db at 2' high 25' away in line with the prop. Anyone know of a prop that doesn't rip so easy?

Maybe a mejzlik 29x10s

Extra2.jpg

extra3.jpg

extra4.jpg

Extra2.jpg

extra3.jpg
extra4.jpg
extra5.jpg

Last edited:

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
Twister said
Finally finished mine. Maiden went great 1 click of right ail was all it needed. The only problem I have is the gp123 with the smooth pipes rips the snot out of the biela 29x10 at anything above half throttle. The pipes came in at 93db at 2' high 25' away in line with the prop. Anyone know of a prop that doesn't rip so easy?

Maybe a mejzlik 29x10s

Extra2.jpg

extra3.jpg

extra4.jpg

extra5.jpg
@Twister Is that the painted spinner from Valley View?  I've got to get one of those for my B&Y 108!!!