• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Raven canopy deck starting to take some shape now.
DSC04061.JPG
DSC04065.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
LOVE the idea of the foam Ribs. Either use them or use them to lay out plywood formers, either way it's a killer idea to shape and form a canopy deck!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The plan is to use them as internal structure. I'm going to cut out some foam stringers as well, which will be inletted into the ribs. Balsa sheeting will go over all that and then glassed.

Oh....i will be adding lots of lightening holes in the ply and foam!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I'm really starting to like this pink foam. Cuts and sands very clean, flexible, but not too much.
Except for the little piece of blue tape, this whole thing is just held together (for the pic) by friction against itself in the slots. I'll glue it all together before I do any final sanding prior to sheeting it. Thinking about using Gorilla poly glue....unless anyone has a better suggestion.
DSC04066.JPG

DSC04067.JPG DSC04069.JPG

At the first Don Lowe Masters, Earl flew Matt Chapmans full size Cap and the Great Planes 33% rc plane right beside him thru a full aerobatic routine.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
At the first Don Lowe Masters, Earl flew Matt Chapmans full size Cap and the Great Planes 33% rc plane right beside him thru a full aerobatic routine.
Now it's REALLY getting deep....:steamer:
Someone did this I think it was 2009 Joe Nall
Matt did fly his Cap and Frank Knoll flew formation with him (a Carden I believe). They've done that several times at different venues. Would love to see that live someday....before Matt retires from airshows.