• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

30cc profile from the ashes of a 70" RIP AJ Slick - Build Log

gyro

GSN Contributor
Awesome to have such smart and dependable resources near by to help. Looking forward to the next update

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I just updated post #4 with pics of the dry-fit mtorbox and a preview of what the cowl plug is going to look like. Enjoy :D

SnowDog

Really looking good Nate...congrats on getting the motor box cut out and dry fitted!
I'm curious how long it will take you to sand the cowl down to shape! ;)

3dNater

Really looking good Nate...congrats on getting the motor box cut out and dry fitted!
I'm curious how long it will take you to sand the cowl down to shape! ;)

Powa TOOLS! :D not going to attempt that with a hand powered sanding block :p

3dNater

I cut the tail off the 70 slick yesterday and got the horizontal stab separated. It is in great shape! After seeing how the vertical stab is constructed I'm pretty sure I'm going to build a new one. I think integrating it with this project presents a bigger challenge than making a new one.

SnowDog

Nate,
I'm loving the progress on this build, but I have to admit I don't prefer having to "page back" to page 1 to see the new things you are doing.
Might you consider just adding to the end of the log for each new entry?
Regards,
Mike

3dNater

Nate,
I'm loving the progress on this build, but I have to admit I don't prefer having to "page back" to page 1 to see the new things you are doing.
Might you consider just adding to the end of the log for each new entry?
Regards,
Mike

That is a good suggestion... My reasoning for setting it up the way I did was to keep all of the build info together at the beginning for anyone who wanted to reference it in the future without having to scroll through comments to find the next build update. Maybe I'll do it both ways and reference back and forth to make it easier for you real-time readers ;)