• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The main reason the fibreglass cowl did not fit properly and it weighs 32 oz. I believe I can build a balsa cowl that weighs no more than 15 oz half the weight. And as second benefit cover it with film.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok this how far I am and I keep staring at it then changing something and then staring at it aging try to figure out how to blend everything together from the firewall to the first bulkhead and then to the spinner ring. Now I have discovered that once covered I cannot remove the cowl so that has to be addressed first.

615E08C7-4F9F-47EE-8121-A0C6C45BB358.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Where the cowl is split on the full scale may help your decision.
I am trying to not split the cowl if it was Fibreglass no problem done a few of those. But a balsa cowl I think it would be difficult balsa does not have the strength of Fibreglass, and the crunching of the screws at the split will difficult to prevent. But if it has to be done it will be split. This is the third cowl I am making for the plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok I am getting desperate with this cowl no picture this time made mess and started over on the front part pictures to come. Right now all I am trying to come up with something that will cover the engine nicely and look some what good. DBEA73AC-908F-4E2A-BEF8-1FD52AEE2A07.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well this is how far I am working hard at it. The top is covered and it clears the spark plugs. It is removable. Bottom is partially covered. Now I have to come up with a plan how to do the side corners can be covered. One thing for sure it is going to take a lot of careful sanding.
68EF3C7D-53FC-4D0F-821A-234E32271E64.jpeg