• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This side did not take as long all done in 4 hours well not quite still the glue needs to dry and a little body work and it will be done.
One thing that has to be noted is that a lot of inner structure is required for strength and something to glue to and hold the balsa sheeting in place when it being bend into place.
Next the side windows, they will have to be removable for maintenance.
799FE629-E427-4794-BCBD-9D70AFD2A56B.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@TonyHallo . Well Tony just got notice from McMastercar that they will not send me the PETG no reason. So once again I am in difficult trying to find wind shield material for my plane. Not having much success in Canada found one place 75 miles away and will only sell me a 4*8 ft sheet.

TonyHallo

150cc
That's pretty typical, I bought a 4x8 sheet from Eplastics and had them cut it into 6 24" x 32" pieces. They shipped it rolled so shipping wasn't too bad. What size are looking for? I can get is and mail to you if you like.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@TonyHallo
Thanks for the offer let me see how my end works out if I cannot get it purchased I will take you up on your offer. Thanks again very nice of you.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the widows fitted and the necessary blocks of wood to hold it in place and flush with the outside of the fuselage. The window frames were 3D printed and fitted nicely. Just four small screws in the corners to hold it in place.

824DB2D4-CD01-4FE5-85A9-BBCFADA6FD22.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The top access hatch in the top is cut and done. Decided to use four magnets instead of a latch. Once the plane is built hopefully the hatch will almost never be used.

IMG_3347.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All the hardware is made and ready to be installed for the struts. Decided to use arrow shafts instead of the hardwood shaped aerofoil for struts they look better but are very heavy and weight is my problem. The arrow shaft are considerably lighter less than half the weight. Saved me 10oz in weight.

IMG_0125.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Does the threaded end get glued into the arrow shaft?
Yes. They are machined with a tight fit into the arrow shaft. Epoxy is spread into the shaft and onto the threads and then pressed together. One test piece was made beforehand to see if I could pull the bushing out of the arrow shaft. At 250lbs I quite could not pull it out.