• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
We’ll the struts are done took more time than I thought it would, but done moving onto the next job.
if you have never worked with arrow shafting you will be surprised it is like working with tool steel extremely hard.

IMG_3348.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have used cf arrow shaft for bottom fuselage stringers on several builds, straight and strong.
This is my first time working with arrow shafts and I was pleasantly surprised how strong and straight they were. I will be using them in future builds. I will have to look into CF arrow shaft in future.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I did it but probably never do it again but I have say the nicest hardware I have ever seen or purchased. I have replaced every steel bolt nut and washer in the plane with Titanium bolts, nuts and washers.
24A008FD-4104-4593-9285-BDDB439DE8A5.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok you may think I am a little nuts, but I just have show you this. Look at the picture closely and look at the quality of the bolt assembl. I haven’t see quality like this for the last 20 years, see in my younger days. But ever since everything started coming from China the quality just sucked. look at how clean the thread cut is, how close the hole diameter on the washer is to the bolt and the hex head on the bolt fits the wrench precisely.
IMG_0126.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
We’ll did not feel like building and gluing today so I assembled the landing gear and installed the wheels to check how much ground clearance the propeller has with the ground and it all looks good not a lot but enough For me.

IMG_3351.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was out at the field watching another Taylorcraft flying, the one thing that was noticeable is that it did not have much rudder authority, even in the turns while flying. So decided to make some changes to my rudder. I know it is not scale but sorry flying ability and control comes first.
As you can see from the picture cut the top of the rudder and extended rudder over the fin.

Attachments

• 0F5535CB-75CA-4DF6-9072-BEB6695C3352.jpeg
    0F5535CB-75CA-4DF6-9072-BEB6695C3352.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 33

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well decided to try to make another cowl. This time from balsa planks and blocks. I have done it before but it was very simple back in the eighties just glued a bunch of blocks around an engine and started carving. This is little bigger and more shape to it and has to be removable. Have the back plate is done and it is pinned to the firewall. One advantage is I will be able to plastic cover it no paint matching.

D02D4888-6F21-4B20-8AFB-3BE82B3E6FD5.jpeg