• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Piper Tri Pacer Build - WE Technical Service Plans

TonyHallo

150cc
The design is old, from 1989. I suspect several were built from the plans. The fellow I bought the plans and short kit bought the rights for Bill Effinger's designs. There's quite a few different designs at the WE Technical web site. The short kit was laser cut. When you build from plans you expect you will need to make things work. You expect a laser cut kit to fit together but that's not always the case when the kit comes from drawn plans. I had the same problem with the Cherokee short kit.
I bought the cowl at a swap meet with a Wendell Hostetler Cessna 150 short kit for $60, the cowl was made by Fiberglass Masters who are long since gone. I know I seen their booth at the Toledo show when it was at the old Sports Arena, I don't remember them at the Convention Center so it has to be 30 plus years old, I'm bringing it back from dead!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I do know one thing W.H. Drawings are by no means accurate they are basically a hand sketch. Built one of there plans from there drawings, better said I tried but never finished it to much frustration. It’s a good out line .

TonyHallo

150cc
Fitting 1/8"music wire from former 3 at the side up to the wing rib and back down former 4. These will be encapsulated with epoxy and milled fibers. Wish I had done this on the Champ, had to go back and fit the wires after the post cracked.

IMG_3203.jpg