• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

What's Up With 3DHS??

xlr8tion

50cc
You guys get the last laugh at my expense.

I brought bad Karma upon myself by ranting too much...My 3DHS came missing the CF wing tube.

That's what I get for being a troublemaker..LOL!

3DHS has all the parts for the 58 Edge but no CF tube..

No manual either so I can not take total inventory.

Anyone know how long that tube is and is the same diameter of any of their other AC's?

I guess you don't get what you deserve...LOL

Cheers...Greg

gyro

GSN Contributor
You guys get the last laugh at my expense.

I brought bad Karma upon myself by ranting too much...My 3DHS came missing the CF wing tube.

That's what I get for being a troublemaker..LOL!

3DHS has all the parts for the 58 Edge but no CF tube..

No manual either so I can not take total inventory.

Anyone know how long that tube is and is the same diameter of any of their other AC's?

I guess you don't get what you deserve...LOL

Cheers...Greg

Greg, post the problem in the 58" edge thread and we'll see about getting you some help :)

njswede

150cc
You can download manuals from their site. Did you try to contact them re the wing tube? But since I'm pretty sure they read this thread, they're gonna know who you are... Karma is a b-tch... :)

njswede

150cc
I have a 58 sitting out in my garage. I wonder what it's going to take for me to go out and measure the tube? :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have a 58 sitting out in my garage. I wonder what it's going to take for me to go out and measure the tube? :)

Wonder if this is the right size?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409192926.784329.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409193014.165184.jpg

Buti also wonder if Greg checked the inside of the box where they are normally taped, or the inside of the wingbags where they can also hide?

xlr8tion

50cc
It's 23 and 5/8's long I think according to a RCG source who I am buying a spare set of wings from..LOL..Irony is rich as I lined up a good deal on spare wings and then after taking inventory realized no CF tube......

Well it slowed my roll anyways...hehe..

Humbled I am...

Greg

njswede

150cc
Mine looked like 5/8 -- 11/16 (can't find my caliper). So, yeah, somewhere around 16mm seems reasonable, since the Chinese are all metric. The length came out to 23 5/8" or almost exactly 600mm.

xlr8tion

50cc
I should be able to source one once I know the length, diameter, wall thickness, modulus of elasticity and tensile strength.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Howl at the moon.... ;) [MENTION=109]NJSwede[/MENTION] nice of you to check it out and measure.

xlr8tion

50cc
Gary...what's the Inside diameter on those? I can find 16mm all day long and just need the Inside diameter and get one 5x as strong as the China Fiber in ksi.