Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    AJ Aircraft sent a set of wing bags with the Laser that look's just like that with a foam core and soft inner.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You are correct the material is very similar. I also have a set of AjAircraft wing bags.

acerc likes this.
  3. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    So where did you get it from? Details!!!!

4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    It was purchased from a store called Len Mills Store. Explained to the lady what I needed and what it was for and she said I believe I have what you need showed me a sample and it looked good and I ordered 3 1/2 meters of the material.

AKNick and WMcNabb like this.
  5. Just received the second A-10 Wart Hog 80mm twin EDF, I ordered for my brothers Christmas present. I hope he likes it
    A10.jpg

dhal22, AKNick, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  6. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Found some colored carbon Kevlar hybrid glass on eBay... too cool not to buy. Been eyeing it for a year. No idea what I’ll use it on ha ha.
    F37D02B2-9594-468D-AE33-C381380FCDF9.jpeg

Alky6, dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Let me know how it works. That stuff is difficult to work with. The only way I could make something successfully is to put in a vacuum bag and run the pressure up quite high, very difficult to wet it out properly. How much did you get of the cloth.

AKNick likes this.
  8. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    12”x36” for $10
    It’s more for cosmetics, no idea when or where I’ll use it. Just for fun really. Kevlar is no fun to work with.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    This is what I managed to pick up this morning enough material to make at least 3 sets of wing bags. And because I picked up to day I got it at half price talk about win, win.
    7159211D-3FF7-449A-8473-D31ECFAB574B.jpeg

Alky6, HRRC Flyer, WMcNabb and 3 others like this.
  10. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @Snoopy1,

That material also makes a great mat for inside your vehicle when you are carrying your planes back and forth to the field. Lowes in our area used to sell what they call moving pads. I've been using one for a couple of years now. It's awesome for protecting the material on the backs of the seats when they're folded down. Harbor Freight sells something similar, but the material is no where near as durable.

Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.