• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

They have EXCELLENTcustomer service...Max always responds to pm's and emails very fast...he explains things in great detail , sells quality products at reasonable prices, and LISTENS to his customer requests and tries to fulfill them. EPP Buddy is another quality retailer, always avaible, responds to all msg's and emails, even answers the phone if called ( Big plus).
And speaking of customer service, Quantum Hobbies.com is another great supplier. I purchased my first ZTW speedo from him for this plane, and had some issues getting it programmed.( my fault as it turns out..sometimes " experience" bites you in the butt) Issue was I couldn't get the speedo out of soft start up.Long story short, I hadn't properly calibrated the throttle, so the speedo wouldn't take the programming info from the card. Seems the calibration is sensitive to when the throttle is moved back to zero. The procedure is, Tx on, throttle high, plug in flight pack, listen for 2 beeps, immediately move throttle to zero ( speedo will produce 4 double beeps, you have to drop the throttle before the second pair of beeps or it doesn't take it). Once that was done, programming card works fine. Let me tell you, this thing now has monster punch and full linear control. Punch outs are gonna be a blast with this speedo.
Just waiting for the weather to break to get this bird in the air...shooting for Sunday for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

hosam

70cc twin V2
I noticed that Wattaplane USA is in Rochester, NY (my college stomping grounds, oh how I miss NY) but could not find the slick on there, am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's not available there yet. I'd expect it to show up within the next week or two. I'll check with Feda and see if I can get a more solid answer for you.

Seeing as I can't fly because of weather, figured I might as well modify it ;)

The Wattaplane red paint scheme is the one with the black canopy and the maple leaf on the tail. I've got the Skywing red paint scheme with the silver canopy. I really preferred the look of the black canopy, so I changed mine. masked it off so the was an 1/8" trim line of silver around the edge and sprayed it black.

Attachments

• DSCF0328.JPG
    DSCF0328.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF0329.JPG
    DSCF0329.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF0330.JPG
    DSCF0330.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 299
I heard back from feda today. He said the Slicks are already in the US warehouse, they just have to get the website updated. They don't have all colors yet, but they 'll be posting then very soon, and will only post the colors they have in stock. So keep checking back but I'd expect tomorrow or Monday.

Here's the link for the US website again http://usa.wattaplane.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=5&cat=Park+3D+Flying

Gyro, have you seen any of the video on the Slick or the Edge ?