• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

Pretty sure my Slick will be delivered today, moved from NYC to local main processing center yesterday, left processing center 30 mins. ago so should be in my local PO now. I expect it to go out for delivery today

:banana::banana::grrreat::banana::banana:

helicow

30cc
I had always liked the 3DHS Slick, just a great looking plane. I built a profile foamie slick, 41" ws and that was fun, and I doubt it was anything like the real thing. I probably would have bought the SW Slick before the Edge had it been available at the time.

Looking forward to your report in it.

Well, the plane is built, super easy build. I know I promised a build log, but Daughter had my camera and couldn't get it back to me over the weekend so I finished the build. Have the camera now and I'm off today, so I'll take a few pics and post them up. Was hoping for good weather today for a maiden flight, but wet and foggy here in upstate NY, real warm, but you can't see 2 feet in front of your face. Loving it so far, it gives the appearance of being much larger than my 1.5 huck even though it's dimensions are virtually identical.

Pics are up.

Attachments

• DSCF0321.JPG
    DSCF0321.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCF0322.JPG
    DSCF0322.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCF0323.JPG
    DSCF0323.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF0324.JPG
    DSCF0324.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCF0325.JPG
    DSCF0325.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 349
  • DSCF0326.JPG
    DSCF0326.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCF0327.JPG
    DSCF0327.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 329

helicow

30cc
Looks really nice. That is the color I will get when it comes time. Good luck with maiden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Only bad will come from dealing with the dark side :p

It's unfortunate.I really like the skywing brand.they are great for practice and beginner 3d guys as a first or second plane. It's a shame to see hk come in and undercut the reputable dealers. Everyone someone gets into the hobby they ask new about hk garbage and I have to give them the whole do it right the first time rant.

The strange thing is they only priced it $10.00 lower, and only contracted for the red one. They are of course recommending the wrong motor for it, and some how their shipping comes out much higher than Best Values. On the plus side for US buyers, Wattaplane.com has the whole line for sale on the US warehouse. The Slick should be arriving at the US warehouse any day now.