• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

+1 on the over tightening theory. I'm still using black bolts and they've been holding up. The other contributing factor , to me any way, was the wheel pants. Seemed to me that even on a relatively good landing, the wheels would some times grab them ,roll them over until they touched the ground and the wheel pants would act like a chock and stop the wheels, causing the bolts to break. Since removing the wheel pants haven't broken any bolts.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
After bragging how my bolts were holding up, it had to happen, i bust a pair of bolts today:eek: It was a messed up harrier landing. No damage done other then the busted bolts. I'll put this one down to dumb thumbs rather than weak bolts.

wedoitall

i think the wheel pants are catching also. my buddy hasnt switch his yet and after watching videos i could clearly see the pants catching and stopping the wheels and the LG bolts breaking just like what Rcguy was talking about.

Harv flying my little 48†Skywing / Wattaplane Slick foamie

[video=youtube;nOd5LA4TnI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOd5LA4TnI0[/video]