• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

AKfreak

150cc
CTB will be cool. Man, today I was flying my laser, and the ESC just pooped out in me. It is form the TH line, so we'll see if they might be able to exchange it.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Check the wires between the motor and the esc

"Just pooped out on me" is the symptoms I saw when the wire fatigued and eventually broke

maxx4wd

50cc
Love my TH planes - have 4 of them at the moment.

I have a durability problem that has shown up on two different airplanes - wondering if maybe there is something I should/could be doing to avoid this in future.

The problem is that after many flights, the wires from the motor become fatigued and break.
This has happened on two different motors and airframes.

other than a little tape to hold the wires neatly in place, I haven't done anything to try to limit thier vibration.

My install is such that I do not pull on them while changing batteries - best I can tell, this is just flight vibration that eventually snaps the wire
One snapped at the connection to the motor (the dualsky for mini YAK) and one snapped at the bullet connector to the esc (19G motor for the Inferno)

Hoping the brain trust on this thread can suggest something other than "solder it back together and hope for the best"

I've always used a bit of hot glue or RTV at the connection - this really saves on wear and tear at the motor to wire connection - not sure what you'd do at the esc connection. Maybe some rtv or hot glue as well.

Aussieaeros

New to GSN!
Hi everyone, just joined the group and thought I would introduce my self.
I am the owner of Aussie Aeroworks in Australia and we are the exclusive dealer for RC factory (Twisted Hobbies) foamies downunder.These foamies are just awesome and have a big following down here in Aus.
Look forward to reading your posts and checking out some of the build threads.

Cheers Mike

SnowDog

Welcome Mike! glad to have you here...we have a great group of Aussie pilots on board already, I'm sure your contributions will add to the lively discussions we hear from "down under"!

alawson999

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3472]aussieaeros[/MENTION]

Mike

I am a big fan of TH and RCF product. I have used the build threads on several of my TH builds and must say that they are truly excellent.

You are gonna love what you find!