• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

hone

150cc
I have been practicing some basic f3p flying as this indoor season starts. Using my inferno mostly and some depron airframes.

Decided to try a TH Click - it arrived today

Anyone else interested in this one?
I'm interested. I wish I had an indoor spot to fly but I've never found one near by.

AKfreak

150cc
Heck yes I am interested, Mine too arrived today. I will build this thing as light as humanly possible. The goal is 100 grams AUW I will use a 2S power system ans a 9x4 cf prop. The lipos will be 220-350 2s packs I cant wait to see how this one performs vs a True Depron Model. I am, extremely excited to see Twisted/RC Factory enter the F3P arena. Now all they need is a Counter rotating motor/prop setup, and some ultra nano servos.

Here is my Click NG
15684540761_5b23fd64b8_h.jpg

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I have similar plans, though 100 grams is a loftier goal than I had envisioned.

2s 250 mah, 9x4 cf prop and HS5035 servos.

AKfreak

150cc
I have some competition level depron models. Lots of great info for building light weight F3P models at RCG look for Devin McGrath's building tips. He and AJ Gridder build models below 100 grams all the time. Haven't decided the motor yet, but the AXi and Hackers are at the top of the list. Also I really like the diamond D47s servos a lot. Fast and light, Also easy to shed weight on them.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
[video=youtube;4iU_ZLb842g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iU_ZLb842g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Talking props here, pretty excited about this carbon fiber prop from Falcon. It's an 8043 SF. They aren't really being sold yet to my knowledge. There's a chance that Twisted may sell some of them but not sure yet. I will try to get more info on availability in case anyone here is interested. We are just now trying these out on the whole Twisted lineup. The MXS-C, the SU-29, Inferno, Laser, Standard Crack Yak etc... It requires a lot less throttle to power your plane. For instance, on this prop, the MXS-C flies very nice at or below half throttle where before it was well over half throttle most of the time. There's much less flex in this prop vs a GWS, the plane responds much more smoothly. Hovers are more stable etc... Short and simple, it's smooth. This may replace all of the 8040 DD and 8043 props I have. Once you get to where you don't crash much, I think this will be the prop to help you fly your best. Just simple flying in the vid. Trying to offer a visual on the prop and not so much a flying demo. Thought to drop a word here to share the idea.

A

They are now in stock

I bought both 8 and 9 inch versions.

used both (2different airframes) today at an indoor soccer field.

I am very favorably impressed.

Very smooth, lots of vertical punch, quiet.

Put one on my postal scale- didn't even register as one gram.

You might need smaller o rings on your prop saver.

I know these cost more than the classic plastic ones, but life is short, and this is a small luxury.

Good news ALawson! Great to hear. Brad will keep bringing the best for you Twisted enthusiasts.

Here is the latest video offering from the gym last weekend. The focus here is on three sweethearts from the Twisted lineup. This is the Inferno, the SU-29 and the Crack Laser. Plenty more gym days coming (every Sunday) so stay tuned.

[video=youtube;7H2tfsPc_bk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H2tfsPc_bk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Stay Twisted my friends! :popcorn:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION]- how are you progressing on your Clik build?

I am about half done with mine.

No axle keepers, not sure if it was a kitting error or I just made a mistake and tossed something I shouldn't have ( likely the latter).

I fabricated my way out of the dilema.

Your progress?