Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This is soooo not good!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

I thought I was going to get me one of those anodized "PURPLE" spinners, but I got some sticker shock. $150 and that is for the 4", yes that's anodized, drilled back plate, and shipped, but DAYUMMM dats pricey. @stangflyer she's out the box, everything ordered, well other than $150 spinner:cautious:

Attached Files:

2. What?? I heard you all the way over in Ohio.

stangflyer likes this.
  3. Only engines I've seen with knurling on the drive hub have been of a single bolt style. I know the old Zenoah engines used 2 pins to help align the prop to the drive hub.

And yes, most all manufactured aluminum backplates have a type of knurling in them. The ones that TailDragger RC are selling, do not have the knurling in the backplate.

Im hoping to get rid of all my single bolt spinners, in lieu of the 6 bolt style of the SMJ, Mejzlik or TDRC. I have 1 SMJ already. Love it! It is #2 from the 4" mold. I'm waiting for the slacker to get busy on making more! I need 4 more spinners!

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Yes that would be great to have the purple spinner. Last time I checked, the 5" was like $190.00. No way I am paying that. I'm not cheap when it comes to quality, but I'm also not stupid. LOL.... So she's outta the box? Sweet....BUIILD THREAD, BUILD THREAD, BUILD THREAD. LOL
    It was quite loud huh? Doah.....

combat chicken and ChickenBalls like this.
  5. bigblueswope

bigblueswope 100cc

@shadow1100...

BJ Swope

6. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

I would do a assembly thread, but this one all you have to do is throw engine and a couple switches in box, shake, and your done, even the fuel tank is pre-plumbed. I'm changing tank to Fuji bottle, other than that it's factory.

Attached Files:

7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

True.... forgot yours is an already pretty much done ARF. Hey, I like the stylin' head gear. :dancing-chicken:I'm still thinking I can get inside mine. I just need to go on a diet. LOL

20140725_140651.jpg

8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Daddy! and Jr! Squidbilly! lol "Don't touch the trim!" Gots to get that hat.

He's doing it again! Making them airplane noises and all.....

9. No, None of the Gas engines that I know of unless it's on of the small Converted Glow style or has a single bolt prop.

Dave

stangflyer likes this.
  10. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

Talk about a diet, they put a WATERHEAD Nascar pilot in mine. Oh well nothing says Scale like NascarHelmet Pilots:roflmao:

Attached Files:

49dimes and combat chicken like this.