Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I finished swapping the GP61 into my Pilot Edge last night and took it flying today. I was expecting it to be a beast, but it was far from it. I had this engine in a 21 + pound Extra before and it pulled it around great. putting it in an airframe that weighs 4 pounds less should have made it a rocket. I tacked it and it's 700 rpm off where it was before. We tried tuning on it and the high speed needle wasn't very effective. I pulled the plug when I got home and it's black, and that's with the high at only 1 turn out. The only real difference between when it was in the Extra and now is a different canister setup, and the more I think about it I think this canister might be clogged. The performance of the DA50 with this canister in the Edge that this GP replaced was getting progressively worse. I thought was just pure age since it's serial number 5429 which isn't far from my 11 year old one that is 4779. Now the more I think about it I may have given up on the DA to easily. I'll try cleaning the canister this week and see what happens.

2. Do-rag

Do-rag 100cc

Well floor is finally finished now if work and family will give me time I can install cabinets and shelving units and start moving in finally. 20160918_103109.jpg

Robotech, Snoopy1, Buddy5303 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jetpainter

Looks great!

4. Not fair!!

Robotech and Jetpainter like this.
  5. Buddy5303

Buddy5303 70cc twin V2

It's going to be hard hiding new planes from the wife in wide open spaces like that. Looks good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtec/radiowave likes this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Cleaning cannesters is a pain tryed it once did not work well. And you do not know if you succeed or not. We should blow some air through a new one and take some readings so that when we think it is blocked we can check and when we clean it if we have been successful

kevinjulieevan likes this.
  7. Ok so I am going to promote our canisters. The only way you will clog them is if you fill them up with dirt!!

8. Jetpainter

At this point I'm still hoping that is what the problem is. I'm going to use Berryman Chem-Dip Carb and parts cleaner. @Robotech said he had good results with it. I've got well over 100 flights on this can and it was used when I got it so I have no idea how old it is.

9. Robotech

Robotech 70cc twin V2

I soaked mine in the heat of the sun for four days in August and it worked very well. Now that the weather has cooled considerably, I don't know how I would have heated them up but mine were RE3s so they are very long.

10. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Got my new canopy on today and mounted it to the Yak. Just a few more things to do now!!!

20160926_181156.jpg