• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 88644 My workshop project... Is... Well... My workshop bench! 2x4's glued together, plained, sanded, and finished with Danish oil. This bench is overkill but designed to a 50cc tail won't hang over the edge.

Did you put any long threaded rods across the bench. Built a similar table some time back it was out of white ash. It was made from 2 by 5 wood and glued and clamped together. But after about 10 years it split. Not happy after speaking to a wood experts he said you should have drilled holes across the table and bolted it.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
I glued sets of three 2x4x8's, plained them, then used 8" timber locks to tie them together. They are then pocket holed from the lower support to the 2x4's then hand plained on the top... A lot of work

Last edited:

BalsaDust

JAG

70cc twin V2
Not sure about that one as I haven't heard anything on it. I know sticking in the size range the Giles is they all pretty much fly great just the Giles is supposed to be the best of all of them. @capthis is in love with the acrocub that he got.

I love the slick. I have over 100 flights on mine. The Giles is fun as well. And the cub is just a hoot.