• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ok you asked for pictures. No bad jokes this being made for testing and for what I could scrounge around the shop. It is a sea plane that was given to me with good intentions, that I did not want. But anyway it had no wing pontoons no rudder and the ailerons were also missing. So from there I am trying to build a test plane. From the pictures you can see the new rudder. Cut the nose off and built a bulkhead into the fuse. Also building a bulkhead into the fuselage for the landing gear to bolt to. Installed a wood block in the rear of the fuselage so that there is something to hinge the rudder to and a block for the tail wheel. Also cut the motor pod of the one half of the wing and then glued the two halves together. That is as far as it is. Still needs quite some work.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I think we're onto something here. The next big thing in RC! :lol2:
I knew I couldn't trust you guys with my performance secrets!:LOL_gif:

The good news is it's an easy fix like Snoopy said, the better news is I can put it in my Pilot Edge ASAP. The bad news is the firewall will need a massive hole for the carb since it's setup for a DA50 and now it's too far forward and I can't use the Blazing Star mount I had on the Carf.:confused:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Tonight I started cannibalizing parts from my Carf Extra to use on my scratch build project and for some upgrades for my Pilot Edge. I'm planning to move the GP61 from the Carf to the Edge to replace the well used DA50. That will be a MAJOR power upgrade!

The last time I flew the Carf it died at over half throttle resulting in a bean field landing and some damage to the gear and wheel pants. When I pulled the engine off the Carf tonight the cause was obvious.

The fuel pump cover was about to fall off.:msn_slap:
View attachment 88288

Oh there is a fuel pump?....all this time I thought they were g force fed!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
20160915_221229_resized.jpg
Tonight's project was assembling a Freewing Stinger 90 for my flying buddy Tony. He wants to fly it Sunday, but is working late every night this week. So, I volunteered to put it together and set it up. These are awesome flying foamie jets!

Tomorrow night I'll tidy up the wiring and setup the radio.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
There are two of those jets at my club and they do appear to fly great.
They sound pretty good too. With the 12 blade fan they don't make that screaming whine, just a nice "Whoosh" sound.

There are a lot of EDF's at our field. Some barely fly and some fly great. The Stinger 90 is nice because it flies good on the stock out of the box setup with no upgrades.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
They sound pretty good too. With the 12 blade fan they don't make that screaming whine, just a nice "Whoosh" sound.

There are a lot of EDF's at our field. Some barely fly and some fly great. The Stinger 90 is nice because it flies good on the stock out of the box setup with no upgrades.

Bring that baby out to Eureka tomorrow.:way_to_go: