• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Repaired some damage to a couple foamies from today's shenanigans with @Decal Dennis. It was way to windy to be flying foamies but we couldn't resist. Repaired the landing gear on the Crack Fokker twice today. That thing really does not like the wind at all. Also had a small inch or so tear I had to fix on the leading edge of my Crack Laser. I managed to park it way way up in a tree late this afternoon. Somehow I managed to get it down with very minimal damage. Little Foam Tac on that tear and she's ready to go again. I'm sure Dennis has a pic or two to share of me climbing the tree.
:p

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Past several nights have been occupied with fixing things here and there on the Jeep, none of which have been straightforward :omg: Wish I could be working on airplanes but I got nothing that needs workin on.

The good news is the Jeep is getting newer one part at a time :laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Past several nights have been occupied with fixing things here and there on the Jeep, none of which have been straightforward :omg: Wish I could be working on airplanes but I got nothing that needs workin on.

The good news is the Jeep is getting newer one part at a time :laughing:
My shop truck had it's 21st birthday at the beginning of the year so I know what your talking about. The plan is to drive it to the wheels fall off then bolt them back on and drive it some more. ;)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My shop truck had it's 21st birthday at the beginning of the year so I know what your talking about. The plan is to drive it to the wheels fall off then bolt them back on and drive it some more. ;)

Tell you what, after installing a new tie rod, drag link, tie rod ends, front axle shafts, lower door hinge pin on the drivers door, drivers door latch, getting an alignment, an oil change, new radiator shroud, new coolant overflow bottle, and recharging the AC with straight R134a to top it all off, my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee sure does feel like a new vehicle! Next up is front brakes since they need doing and then front hub bearings as a preventative measure.

The nice thing about a Jeep is that anything and everything I'd need for it will always be available, most of it being aftermarket. I'll drive it until the doors fall off then just roll around without doors :cool:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Setup both my 45% wings today. Or at least matched the servos, my extensions wound up not being long enough so I will have to get some longer ones.

One wing panel is fun, but a 2nd is less fun..

Attachments

• 20160911_163445.jpg
    20160911_163445.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 252

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Repaired some damage to a couple foamies from today's shenanigans with @Decal Dennis. It was way to windy to be flying foamies but we couldn't resist. Repaired the landing gear on the Crack Fokker twice today. That thing really does not like the wind at all. Also had a small inch or so tear I had to fix on the leading edge of my Crack Laser. I managed to park it way way up in a tree late this afternoon. Somehow I managed to get it down with very minimal damage. Little Foam Tac on that tear and she's ready to go again. I'm sure Dennis has a pic or two to share of me climbing the tree.
:p

Oh you mean these? LOL

20160905_191921.jpg
20160905_191617.jpg