• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 83333
So I started the day in my shop and started cutting parts for the new slab. Then it was time to cut the grass.
View attachment 83334
About halfway through I made a left hand turn and the front suspension folded up under the mower.
View attachment 83335
Found it was old and wore out underneath and nothing I could do to make it work for the time being
View attachment 83336
New parts are on order but for now it will just sit in the corner and I will watch the grass grow and grow as it will prolly be two weeks before the parts show up.
Damn the luck.:(

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I was in a workshop last night, just not mine. My friends and I were back at inventorying all the HO model railroad stuff we inherited when a friend passed. Trying to get the three of us together has been a challenge, but we are up to 800 pieces in the inventory now.

268 locomotives, 103 cabooses, and we are still doing the rest of the rolling stock. So far we did 429 pieces of rolling stock like box cars and such for a total of 800 pieces at this point. We still need to tackle the rolling stock that is on the layout itself, which will put us well over 1000.

When you type numbers like that you get that "what in the hell are we going to do with all of it" feeling.!:speechless:

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I was in a workshop last night, just not mine. My friends and I were back at inventorying all the HO model railroad stuff we inherited when a friend passed. Trying to get the three of us together has been a challenge, but we are up to 800 pieces in the inventory now.

268 locomotives, 103 cabooses, and we are still doing the rest of the rolling stock. So far we did 429 pieces of rolling stock like box cars and such for a total of 800 pieces at this point. We still need to tackle the rolling stock that is on the layout itself, which will put us well over 1000.

When you type numbers like that you get that "what in the hell are we going to do with all of it" feeling.!:speechless:

That sounds like quite a collection.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
View attachment 83333
So I started the day in my shop and started cutting parts for the new slab. Then it was time to cut the grass.
View attachment 83334
About halfway through I made a left hand turn and the front suspension folded up under the mower.
View attachment 83335
Found it was old and wore out underneath and nothing I could do to make it work for the time being
View attachment 83336
New parts are on order but for now it will just sit in the corner and I will watch the grass grow and grow as it will prolly be two weeks before the parts show up.

Hard to like a post about a broken lawn tractor in June. Why don't they break down in December? My old STX38 was getting so fussy last summer I bought a new D110 just to have the old tractor available as a backup. Got to admit that the new tractor mows so much better.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
That sounds like quite a collection.
That it is!
Warning! The following photos are not airplane related! If other hobbies offend you cover your eyes!;)

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1423.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1423.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Copy of IMG_1425.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1425.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Copy of IMG_1426.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1426.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Copy of IMG_1439.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1439.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Copy of IMG_1479.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1479.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Copy of IMG_1482.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1482.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Copy of IMG_1512.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1512.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Copy of IMG_1559.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1559.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 259

BalsaDust

Hard to like a post about a broken lawn tractor in June. Why don't they break down in December? My old STX38 was getting so fussy last summer I bought a new D110 just to have the old tractor available as a backup. Got to admit that the new tractor mows so much better.

Yeah it is what it is. This one is one my dad gave me when he upgraded. In five years I have put some money into it but still cheaper than buying a new one. Damn thing is well over 20 years old and cuts great.