• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
No pictures, but I did get to work on tidying up my shop last night. Few more nights of work down there and I think it should be back up to snuff :)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I made it to the workshop last night, but not to work on airplanes. A friend has been having problems making some Digital Command Control decoders work in some HO locomotives. If your not familiar with DCC it's basically remote control for model trains with the signal going through the rails. These locomotives in particular should be Plug and Play, but as usual the decoder made specifically for them doesn't come even close to fitting in the body shell. So, he was forced to use a generic one that wires to an 8 pin plug. No big deal. just typical pain in the butt.

For some reason they don't run correctly, or reliably or even at all some times. My friend thinks it's a locomotive problem, but I'm beginning to think hes got a bad bunch of decoders. They were all in the same package of 4. Tonight I'll do a reset on the three bad ones and see if that brings them back to life, but I'm doubting it.

20160616_222139_resized.jpg