• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
Well it another day of no flying and all the maintenance On the flying machines are done. therefore had to do some building on the ViperSt again. Found the rudder and the elevators and hinged them all except the alerons, that will be later. Well got the gaps down to less than a 1/16 not like 1/8 plus like on ARF's you can do that when you are building it your self.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ericrs hi good to hear from you. Do you have the viper done jet or are you just plodding along like I am doing. Just when ever I have some time.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
@ericrs hi good to hear from you. Do you have the viper done jet or are you just plodding along like I am doing. Just when ever I have some time.
I got real busy with work, and now it's flying season so my building has slowed down to a crawl. I've got caught up with my work now, so maybe I'll have some extra time to get back into working on the viper.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

Shipped a few items to people today as well as started cutting templates for the cut parts of the next slab I do. Just gonna be a small yard bird but I will be cutting four short kits. Gotta have a spare and then give out the other two. After that's done though I gots plans for a little bigger profile than normal. Also decided to try one of these while cutting templates.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hmm, what did I do in the workshop tonight? Weeell..... The RCGF 120 has been running good, but I felt it could do better. I gassed her up this evening and spent about 15 minutes of dialing, running, dialing, running and doing it all again. I feared it was a little rich on the low end and a little too lean for my liking on the high speed needle. I was right. I finally found the happy spot for this motor. I found an extra 100 rpm and got the transition even smoother than it has been. I have to say, though it sports a genuine Walbro carb, it definitely adjusts like a 3w. That motor really needs tiny little needle tweaks. I am still amazed at how quiet this motor is. As well as how "torque'y" it is.

Also layed the covering iron to a few spots on the 107 Pilot Edge hatch. The sun this past week has been murder on airframes and covering. She's looking pretty sharp again.

Note to self: The "To Do" list. Cessna needs some serious leaning on the 32cc. Runs good but it is soooo fat. LOL. Lets see, oh yeah...Baby needs a new set of wheel pants. Good thing I have a spare set to sand and paint. And while I am at it, the Sukhoi seems to be out of alignment on the mains. Losing the tread on the right main. Guess I will get that "straightened" {Pun intended} out too.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg

So I started the day in my shop and started cutting parts for the new slab. Then it was time to cut the grass.
image.jpeg

About halfway through I made a left hand turn and the front suspension folded up under the mower.
image.jpeg

Found it was old and wore out underneath and nothing I could do to make it work for the time being
image.jpeg

New parts are on order but for now it will just sit in the corner and I will watch the grass grow and grow as it will prolly be two weeks before the parts show up.