• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@pawnshopmike wow looking closely at you slab boy have these planes changed the last one I built was from Morris hobby and it did not look like that. They look a lot lighter and a little wider. Looking good.
Thanks
Yes they are very light. Too lightly built in fact. The only reason this one survived as well as it did is because @Decal Dennis beefed it up when he assembled it for me.
It's even stronger now.:way_to_go:

BalsaDust

Thanks
Yes they are very light. Too lightly built in fact. The only reason this one survived as well as it did is because @Decal Dennis beefed it up when he assembled it for me.
It's even stronger now.:way_to_go:
image.jpeg

Real slabs take a beating and keep on ticking. This one flew again the next day. Lots of scraps of balsa, some thin CA, some clear packing tape, and a new prop. Think I spent ten minutes repairing it and it still flew just as good.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Knee replacement surgery last Wednesday. I ventured out to the shop to see if I could make it. I did so I thought let's bolt up the new DLE30 muffler I just got from Tower Hobbies. Uh Oh it's almost twice as long as the muff on my 2 year old engine. Can't see any reason for that but to add nose weight. Now it's fiberglass work on the cowl. Oh well I guess it's better than the oxycontin naps I've been taking.

DSCN1267.JPG