• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Slick all buttoned up, engine ran like a champ, all loaded and ready to go maiden tomorrow. Slightly scurred I forgot something, this went together too easily :oblong:

13012747_10210114661689977_660774367954273684_n.jpg

:banana-dance:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Went out flying yesterday and had a little mishap with my Redwing 20cc Sbach Profile. By mishap I mean that I ran out of talent and altitude at the same time.:p

Bent the down tube on the Mintor 22, broke the prop and bummed up the fuse a bit. Sourced a new down tube today from Bryan at Aerographix and started repairs on the fuse. Should have a new Xoar 17x6 prop tomorrow from Great Planes. Hoping to get this baby back in the air ASAP! @Decal Dennis was having a blast with it till I goofed it up.

If I have a favorite part about being a bad pilot, it's the fact that it makes you a better builder.:D

Ouch.
View attachment 54589

Mid section of the fuse is pretty much good as new. Actually it's probably better than new!View attachment 54590

New muffler looks much better!View attachment 54591

Next toilet bowl will be 2-3 feet off the ground:) Maybe a toilet bowl into a pop top:D

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
The mayhem continues....

View attachment 54619

If it wasn't for the these square balsa reinforcements that @Decal Dennis added when he built this for me, this plane would have been toast!
View attachment 54620

I'll donate the nose off the Extra 330 profile that crashed on maiden (first brown out that ever happened to me:oblong:).....the nostril is in decent shape on it, a lil cuttin and glueing and it'll fit right on there!!