• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Okay finally made some more progress in finishing my shop. Finished up the walls this past weekend and painted the window trim. Picked up base cabinets this past week. Just need to finish them to match the upper cabinets that I already have. Once they are installed I can start setting up shelving and hopefully start moving in.
View attachment 54261 View attachment 54262 View attachment 54263 View attachment 54264 View attachment 54265 View attachment 54266
Ok is that shop just to build planes how big is it. Man that looks good you can almost fly a ultralight in there.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Had to replace the drive belt on the mower today. While doing it I said hell I will pressure wash the deck and get it all clean. Found a bunch of cracks in it as well as some rust holes that had gotten worse. Welded up the cracks. Gonna grab some scrap sheet metal and patch the bigger holes and then paint it all with a rust prohibiting paint tomorrow when I get home from work. We will see how that goes.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looks like you guys get your moneys' worth out of those zero turns. As much attention as mine gets they should be called.....

Zero Returns :dancing-poop::laughing:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Luv a HUGE shop! but my hole in the wall and 3rd bed room will have to do. Besides CHEAP is CHEAP right!?:banana-dance:

Did manage to finally get a motor prop combo to work well on 4s lipos....Only took purchasing 3 motors and 5 props.

And I managed to destroy 3 of the 5 props:oops:.

So......My CHEAP Sbach now sports a G32 600 outrunner (very much like the E-flight power 32). The NTM 42-38 750 would not turn a 16x8 safely and the NTM 42-58 500 was too much motor for the application. Still have to re configure the rpm and temp sensors for the new motor but running it and allowing it to hover the plane while I held it showed the performance I was looking for :).

20160412_154526.jpg
20160412_173115.jpg
20160412_173141.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
No it will be a new Tipo 750 build. I want to try it on 6S, but will probably go to 8S just to get the performance I want. If it doesn't scream by like a Banshee it's just not classic pattern.

Sorry, I now see helicopter 'motor' instead of engine. Just assumed engine due to classic pattern in general. Good to have a couple of other old pattern fans on this forum.