• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Clear packaging tape over the top of your decal. Heat gun or iron set to medium low heat. Warm the decal just a tad to soften the adhesive. Hobby knife to gently lift the edge of each numerical or letter. While pulling the tape, work your decal up. It can be monotonous, but hey, cheap is cheap right? Place decal on your desired placement and gently pull tape off decal. Slightly warm decal with iron...done. That's about it. About 5 to 10 minutes per decal.

You just had to do that didn't you???:rolleyes:.

Ok Ok.

Rewinding a motor with the common "Y" wind.......

1) First have your favorite hard beverage available next to you ( Cuervo happens to be a good choice :cheers:. ).

2) Get a set of "micro wear" glasses so you can see deeply into the existing motor windings and identify the numerous lead outs that combine to form C1 C2and C3. You can also scribe a mark to the location of the start point and return points of the individual winds per coil.

3) Take a good stiff snort of that favorite hard beverage because you going to need it.....:cautious:.

4) Repeat step 3 several more times......:concern:

5) After letting the hard beverage take the proper physical affects look through the "micro wear" glasses in to the mirror you just happened to forget to bring with you..:cautious:

6) Now that you can "clearly see" your intoxicated just forget the whole damn thing and wish for some super servos instead.

Snapshot_20150515.JPG

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Thanks guys off to Toledo in a couple of hours not much sleep but see if I can find those hinges. Needs them for the viper not a lot of space between the hinge line and the tube on the elevator. Great thanks guys.

If you don't find them in Toledo let me know. I have them in stock.

pawnshopmike

Staff member

Ok Ok.

1) First have your favorite hard beverage available next to you ( Cuervo happens to be a good choice :cheers:. ).

2) Get a set of "micro wear" glasses so you can see deeply into the existing motor windings and identify the numerous lead outs that combine to form C1 C2and C3. You can also scribe a mark to the location of the start point and return points of the individual winds per coil.

3) Take a good stiff snort of that favorite hard beverage because you going to need it.....:cautious:.

5) After letting the hard beverage take the proper physical affects look through the "micro wear" glasses in to the mirror you just happened to forget to bring with you..:cautious:

6) Now that you can "clearly see" your intoxicated just forget the whole damn thing and wish for some super servos instead.

View attachment 53582

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"

Ok Ok.

View attachment 53582
Bwahahahaha:lol2:sounds like a perfect "SYSTEM"

Not my work shop, but been contemplating this for a while now..... Some really crappy, light weight 5/8" thick ply that I got from work, a little bit of aluminum dowel, a lathe and drill bits. This is what I come up with. It is a 1 off, and wont be made for anyone else. I made this one specific for a friend of mine.

I kinda went off in my own direction for this mount, basing it off Terry's idea with dowels. But the crush is what concerned me, with lighter weight plywood. The crush usually happens right in the area of where the bolts mount up to the firewall. I want to totally eliminate that, without having to go with the added expense of a full aluminum mount.

Attachments

• 20160401_083516.jpg
    20160401_083516.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 194