• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Worked on getting my CHEAP HK plane in to shape :).

20160401_163043.jpg 20160401_163025_004.jpg 20160401_163008.jpg 20160401_162945.jpg 20160401_162929.jpg 20160401_162806.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Honestly, looks like a bearing went south, and then overheated and heat developed loosened the magnets.
I think that is what happened to the motor in my Trex550e. I pulled it apart after a crash and the bearings were shot. I installed bearings and a shaft and checked the magnets and everything looked fine. But when I test ran it after just a few seconds the heli started shaking violently. I could see the motor can shaking so I pulled it back apart and two magnets had come loose and moved causing a bad balance issue. I'm sure the crash helped it along to.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey there Snoopy1, those look like Dubro Heavy Duty 1/4 scale hinges (Dubro part # 257). They come in a package of 15 hinges with cotter pins as in the attached pics. I take the cotter pins out and replace them with .047 music wire to get remove-able controls as shown in the attached photo. Just use some tape to hold the 90 degree bend in place and you're done.View attachment 53547 View attachment 53548
Thanks found them at Toledo and bought a pack you were correct from Dubro and the number thanks.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got a little progress.......every thing is lines up and centered and now just let the epoxy cure :)
20160402_135542.jpg
20160402_135601.jpg
20160402_135623.jpg
. Next I will drill a 6mm hole on both sides of the new f-1 plate. This will allow me to install two hollow carbon rods 24" long that will get glued to the inside of the fuse sides in order to give strength to the front of the airframe so the front won't break off during high G maneuvers.

BalsaDust

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

No workshop time for me today. Wife and I were one of five featured couples in a local Race to Parenthood 5K. This is a non profit that raises money for couples going through fertility treatments of looking into adoption. All money raised si split evenly between the five couples and put into grant funds to only be used for these things. My wife and I have already been down the fertility treatment road and are currently pursuing domestic infant adoption.

We were team green so I rocked a green hulk hogan mustache for race day. First pic is wife and I. Second pic is my aunt and myself crossing the finish line. Final pic is the results. I finished 43rd overall out of 212 runners which I think is pretty good for my first ever 5K.

Normal workshop shinanigans will resume tomorrow morning before work.