• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Well I got tired of redoing many things on the Waco and decided to get back to Work on my 84' Bush Master (Turbo Beaver) I elected to go with the MKS HV-9767 servo's. I was told they should drop right in, not so I will have to trim the length of each bay to install. always something to put a snag in the process of getting things done LOL!!!
Turbo beaver.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I got tired of redoing many things on the Waco and decided to get back to Work on my 84' Bush Master (Turbo Beaver) I elected to go with the MKS HV-9767 servo's. I was told they should drop right in, not so I will have to trim the length of each bay to install. always something to put a snag in the process of getting things done LOL!!!View attachment 112504

I have the 1250’s in mine and they work great. Yes, I had to elongate the servo bays to make them work. But it wasn’t that bad. Glad to see you making progress on it!

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Wow!! nice Super Otter AKNick. looking at the pictures, gets back to another project I have been trying to get at. Floats with wheels so I can fly off pavement and NEVER HAVE TO TAKES THE FLOATS OFF all the planes I have them on. I have bought an extra set of floats for the 84" Cessna 150, and the C123 Cargo plane. and have been thinging of ways to do the Amphibian Style floats, like the ones on the Super Otter you have photo's of, it would be real cool if They made them

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
More work on the super otter. Strips are made and getting put down. Not sure if I should add the N# or not.... hmmmm. Also how to add WARD AIR on the strips. I can ask for the file from the company and get it printed... curious if it’s worth the hassle or not.
The white outline strip on the top is killing me.... might cheat and add a little blue under it to make it thin like the lower stripe.

03496EC4-4B91-4871-81AE-120487698EFC.jpeg

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Just got approval from the company who's paint scheme I'm using for my Super Otter to swing by their decal provider and see if they can scale down and print me some decals for the plane. It will look so much better and I would be ecstatic to utilize them. No idea what they will charge or if they can do it... but it's worth a try! :big-grin:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Did some more work on the super otter. First off those lines that were bothering me... I cheated and added some blue.
Before:
76EFBBC0-E3C7-4A21-BDAD-DAB634E84907.jpeg

After:
C43AD0E2-7FD4-4F60-9D64-ADB741F51912.jpeg

Worked on the tail a bit more.
BF5A664D-87C1-40C7-BC7C-420B290AE70F.jpeg

I needed an exhaust stack/shroud replica. So I drew one up and 3D Printed it. We will see how it works out. Need to paint it chrome...
6AB957F2-4B13-4E43-AE8A-890C7B4E768D.jpeg

BalsaDust

I'm falling in love with using the 3D printer at work. finally starting to learn enough that I'm dialing in the setting a lot better and getting way better results.