• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Wild man

70cc twin V2
WOW, that look's like a mess, but been there before myself. Glad to see your working your way back into building or rebuilding that Python.
My room has been full of all sorts of other people's stuff for varying reasons but got cleaned out this past week or so. So I also have been inching my way back, to the Challenger recover. Got everything laid back out and ready, should be starting to add more covering here any day.
But first I will cut some new fuse nose panels instead of stripping the current one's of their paint, mostly because some of the holes have changed. Actually looking forward to spending some time in the shop again. So maybe, just maybe, that custom Bulldog II might see the table the first of the year...
Wow I most be getting lazy. I use to love building. I see you are using Sig Coverall biult a few with that method, lasts for years. Still have a Sig 1/4 scale cub I biult over 20 years ago with coverall a little tattered but still as tight as the day it was finished

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow I most be getting lazy. I use to love building. I see you are using Sig Coverall biult a few with that method, lasts for years. Still have a Sig 1/4 scale cub I biult over 20 years ago with coverall a little tattered but still as tight as the day it was finished

My first rc stick build was the sig clipped cub 1/6 scale with dope and fabric. I still have it.... It's a hangar queen. One of my flying buddies told me to move on and have a Viking funeral with it. Have a beer and watch it burn. Get the best picture I have with it, blow it up and put it on the wall. I don't think he is wrong. Shop space is valuable... might need to let her go.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Awesome video AFNick. That gives more idea's on different positions to mount my Go Pro. I just started playing around with it need to practice a little video editing to. You are right the hinging does take a little time, but at the end is very rewarding knowing another project is Complete. Well done keep um Flying I miss the North Country. Hauled many loads of Heavy equipment into the North West Territories Alaska, and the Yukon, Whitehorse and Crane sections into Farrow Yukon Beautiful country I miss it

BalsaDust

BD7039FD-81F5-4BA1-94D5-0D45A5084A1A.jpeg
First time I have glued any balsa together in at least six months. Felt good. Now to actually finish this plane and get it to its actual owner.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Keep looking at the rib templates. Do not know if I am dating myself but looking at the rib templates reminds me of the days when I bought kits were the plane parts were printed right on the balsa wood and you had cut out every single piece by hand. Those days it was tough building planes.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Keep looking at the rib templates. Do not know if I am dating myself but looking at the rib templates reminds me of the days when I bought kits were the plane parts were printed right on the balsa wood and you had cut out every single piece by hand. Those days it was tough building planes.
Slightly dating going on. But cutting them ourselves was better than the die crushed that came next.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
6531B8FE-C5B9-42A2-952C-B30B9588DF34.jpeg Today I’m adding 3m packing tape to the bottom of my floats on my 84” Cessna 150 and my C-123 Twin Cargo plane with floats, to keep the snow from tearing up the bottom of the foam floats. This makes the bottom slippery and will slide better even on wet grass.

Last edited: