Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Looks like a nice setup. And lets face it a Mustang can never have to much power.

AKNick and stangflyer like this.
  2. Hey Stang here is a smaller Strega that will give a guy an adrenaline rush flying between 160 and 180 mph.
    racer.jpg

stangflyer, AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. Took and cut a hole in the E-Flite Cherokee Canopy to mount my Go Pro inside. seen some one else had done this to shoot video's from inside the planes cockpit Cherokee.jpg

stangflyer, AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Looks kinda like the Dagu Red a club member gave me this past summer. Need to get it flying at some point.

stangflyer likes this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I used to have the smaller orange pheonix Strega (V1), no retracts, OS .46AX - It had a fast stall speed (no flaps) and was very fun to fly in the air. It could do a lomcovak at high speeds that was really fun to do. Almost topple end over end! It was flying fast all the time, I remember changing the prop pitch to crank the rpms and forgot to land sooner. I chopped a couple minutes off the flight time. Sucked the fuel down FAST. I had fun with that plane. Changed ownerships five times, no one else ever flew it - too scared of the high stall speed. No idea what ever happened to it.

dhal22, stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Sorry boys but I have not been posting on this thread because I am into building the 20cc profile that Balsa-dust designed.

stangflyer likes this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I guess we can forgive you... :attaboy:

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  8. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I’ve always liked the view from the tail or wingtip. Gives a good perspective and doesn’t obscure the image with the prop wash. Maybe the coolest thing I’ve seen is a 360 view from the inside of a cub.

stangflyer and Jerry Millard like this.
  9. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

So you guys check out this handmade joiners bow saw a buddy made and gave me this evening with both a Japanese and western style blade for it. It's all made out of hard maple except for the tension block that is just southern yellow pine.

78809956_10156538864972321_545987315093209088_n.jpg

10. The Q 40 in the photo is an all composite pylon racer. At over a 1,000.00 ready to fly the engine is a Nelson 40 no throttle when it comes up on the pipe the engine is turning 28,000 rpm give our take 500 the engine kill consists of a straw with a wire that has a loop in which the fuel feed line runs through. wire on the other end connected to a mini servo. When the throttle stick is pulled to low it pinches off the fuel line to kill the engine then land

stangflyer and dhal22 like this.