• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I remember that but this is 9" wide with very little room for substance in the ele's. I'm going to take the lighter servo option, that's the smartest and safest option. I went out to add the few pieces that were going to stay out until joining, being I'm not joining them, and the strips were not adhered. I guess it was the water. I pulled them all off with nothing left behind that is how much it did not glue. So tomorrow I will cut up some new strips and use wood glue, the sure fire adhesive for damp wood or any wood. And just because it aggravated me I tossed the ca, never used it much any way and now it done that to me, good riddens!!!
Agree all my building is done with wood glue, only use CA when absolutely need to or tack something in place.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I just sat here and went over the weight savings in just electronic changes that I can account for and have lost over 2lbs. There are items such as switches, regulators, tele wiring, and associated plugs that I have no listed weight for, so..
And yea, no more ca in the shop, unless an ARF calls for some but not until then.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
In the mind set of trying to drop as much weight as possible I am thinking about dropping one of the elevator servos. Thinking of going old school with a connecting wire and a horn brazed in the middle, maybe 1/8" piano wire. This bird will not fly 3D or even what one could call aggressively with normal flight rates of 12°. So what do you guys think about this idea?

I would go with two mini servos.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
By the way, some time back a friend and fellow modeler was getting out of the hobby. I went to have a look at what he was getting rid of, which was pretty much everything hobby related, and I bought most everything he had. One item in particular I had seen around but thought for the price, along with looking cheap, it must not be much good. It was a little chop saw and he did not want hardly anything for it so I got it. It is cheap, but, it does a nice job for what it is, definitely beats sawing by hand, clean and square cuts. It did well enough with a piece of hardwood I had to try a small piece of brass tubing, good clean cut there also. Not fast by any means but does the job well enough if it went south I would by another one.

Attachments

• chop shop.jpg
    chop shop.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 268

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This one new from Micro Mark is $80, or you could go for the Proxxen for $330, both are on sale right now.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
By the way, some time back a friend and fellow modeler was getting out of the hobby. I went to have a look at what he was getting rid of, which was pretty much everything hobby related, and I bought most everything he had. One item in particular I had seen around but thought for the price, along with looking cheap, it must not be much good. It was a little chop saw and he did not want hardly anything for it so I got it. It is cheap, but, it does a nice job for what it is, definitely beats sawing by hand, clean and square cuts. It did well enough with a piece of hardwood I had to try a small piece of brass tubing, good clean cut there also. Not fast by any means but does the job well enough if it went south I would by another one.
I might have to snag one of those. Looks like a nifty little tool.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It has only taken three hours to clean all that ca junk off, cut some more strips, soak those strips, place the strips and let dry one hour, then remove and glue the strips back in place. After having to go through all that I will not seek another untried method again. I think I will let this set at least four hours, might be overnight though.

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 279