• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just really appreciate you doing it. If it is my choice as much detail as possible. But do what suits you and that will be great.
It’s the fine details that makes us all better builders.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Here we go folks.
The most important thing to any build regardless of the builders skill is the table and surface. It has to be absolutely plumb, level, straight, whatever word you prefer, and for me clean also. This table has seen a lot since it was last used for building so I not only triple checked for plum but also scraped anything I could feel or see off then ran over it with a sander. It is covered with plastic and ready to go!

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 299

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The horizontal is needed for the fuse build so I cut the tail feathers from the tree's and started cutting some wood. Pic 1 is the tail feather ply pieces. Pic 2 is the associated leading and trailing edges cut to length. And pic 3 is them clued on one side, they are built one side at a time.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 381

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I realize I'm a little late, But I enjoyed your build of the first Red Eagle, I HAVE to follow this one too. . . . . :yesss:

Sorry Robert, just checked and found your 'new, redo thread' and am In Like Flint....would like your thread to be the 'normal' solid detailed kind if possible1
Thx for the opportunity to observe
Bill

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I realize I'm a little late, But I enjoyed your build of the first Red Eagle, I HAVE to follow this one too. . . . . :yesss:
Oh yea, you were there. This time will be a little different, not as much, and a whole lot of better... lol

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The rest of the balsa rib strips are on and the phenolic tubes cut. The fin did not get balsa strips, because of prior issues with bowing during covering I used pine instead.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 327