Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by acerc, Mar 4, 2020.

1. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    As mentioned elsewhere I am and have been wanting to redo the RE since it's completion. I just have not been truly happy with it, oh yes it is gorgeous, but!!! It is twenty pounds over weight, ten at a minimum, has over spray here and there, enough electrical for four airframes, enough brass to outfit a house, and the top wing is just not practical as designed along with the scale wires connection. All these issues equate to a pain in the butt to transport, flies like a brick, just an all around lackluster airframe. And should not be that way!!!! So I am looking to turn pic one into a much improved version of pic two.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Bcaway2, WMcNabb, TonyHallo and 2 others like this.
  2. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    This won't be a quick start to the build as I need the tables the Challenger is on so I plan on getting back on it Friday and knocking it out. I am sure I will be starting the Eagle somewhat during that time but will be minimal. I do not plan on being in a hurry any at all for I want this time around to be as perfect as possible.
    Everyone is welcome along for the ride.

WMcNabb and BalsaDust like this.
  3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I'll follow.

acerc likes this.
  4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

im in

acerc likes this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I am in for the ride, this is going to be interesting. Must say building the 20cc profile and keeping it at 7 lbs and or less was a real challenge for me, learned to stop adding stuff to it.

acerc likes this.

6. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Following this one!

acerc likes this.
  7. Always happy to see build thread especially when it's a Pitts !!!!

TonyHallo, WMcNabb and acerc like this.
  8. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Being as I pulled most of the electrical from the Challenger for an Ultimate I decided to pack it up for now. I want all my focus, including financial, to be on the Eagle. That being said, this evening I separated the lumber into it's respective components. The plans have been rolled out and affixed to unroll a bit. There are about 30 key German (and some derelict there of) words to understanding each section of the manual and I will look them up here shortly. So I guess it is on!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    HRRC Flyer, pawnshopmike and WMcNabb like this.
  9. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Here we go!

10. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    WOW! A better audience than I was expecting, especially considering it is a repeat performance. One question before I start gluing, how detailed of a thread do you guys want this? My normal or toned down just to highlight major task, or somewhere in-between.