Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by orthobird, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Dirt

Dirt 50cc

Looking mighty good Cam!! I think that the 44-46 lbs is probably the sweet spot for 200 powered Daltons!

2. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Forgot to post the pictures of the thermal sleeve, up to 1100 degrees F.

IMG_1689.JPG IMG_1690.JPG

this goes around the Viton fuel line. The fuel line is fixed to the nipples using wire. then I used a Zip tie on the thermal sleeve.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  3. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

And here is the choke push rod. It will exit from the front of the cowl. Push in, is choke on.

IMG_1691.JPG IMG_1692.JPG

thurmma, Jetpainter and Robotech like this.
  4. what are the specifics of the thermal sleeve ?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

thurmma and mnfatboy like this.
  6. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Got all the rudder and elevator servos installed. It is a solid install. I also balanced the rudder servos, they are on pull - push.

I just have to install the gas tank and cover the wings, then she is ready for maiden. Maybe this weekend.

thurmma, Jetpainter and Rusty 73 like this.
  7. Sorry, I meant the red wrap on the header.

Thanks

8. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

thurmma likes this.
  9. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

the white wrap over the fuel lines is to prevent vapor lock. Helps to shield the fuel lines from the heat, so if you land, the heat that builds up can make the gasoline in the fuel lines bubble up (maybe?? I do not know about this, but have heard of it).
    IF I fly, in 95 degree weather, then land, my motor will turn on 1 minute later or 10 minutes later with no problems.
    But, I have heard of some people whom their engines will not crank up.

But on all my recent airplanes, I have done this trick. I cannot prove it works, but I have not had this problem.

10. Thanks for the info,

It seems there is always an hour between flights at my field, there are lies to be told and to listen to...I have used aluminum foil, but I will try your method, a 3 foot length is only $4....

My Dalton.....as if you cared...
    dalton3.jpg

Xpress, JAG, BalsaDust and 5 others like this.