• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Here is spinner!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

thurmma

150cc
Whose spinner is that? Mejzlik? The one I got from Bill Hempel has a really weak lightened back plate. I may give tru-turn a call and see if I can get a solid back plate from them without breaking the bank :)

Update: All the tanks and fuel lines are installed.

I am using a header tank, one tank is 1 liter, the other tank is 700 ml. total of 1700 ml.
This should give me 17 minutes of flight, although, I never do this. I will fly 3 sequences in 14 minutes. SO this should be plenty of gasoline.
Equivalent to 57 ounces of gasoline.

I am also using a T, that has ID of 3/8". One tank (the header tank), has one clunk. From the PSP cap, there is a short fuel line, then the T. From the T, there is one Viton fuel line for each carburetor. Both of these fuel lines are the same exact length. The header "vent" hole, then feeds into a clunk into the 2nd tank. AS I fill the gasoline into the main (header) tank, fuel overflows thru the tank's vent, into the smaller tank's clunk. Both tanks have felt clunks. Then the smaller tank has a "vent" which has a Tygon line that exits out the bottom of the fuselage thru a brass tube.

I have also installed my McFueller, and all the electronics. I will spend the next few days, making all the wiring as tidy as possible.

There are two sets of IBEC, one for each ignition. And each IBEC plugs into its own port in the central box.

IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1712.JPG

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
So using this two different size tanks the smaller one should empty into the one litre then pull from the one litre until empty .

Like the Fuji tanks nice and stout and also the Mcfueler dot is very nice

Yes, it sure will. The first flight, I will make it like 5 minutes long, then I will recheck everything, and retighten many things.
Then check the fuel level, and take her off again. Maybe this weekend.

Doc.... Before you fly, check (with the canopy off) to see if the sides of the larger tank collapses when you rev the engine on the ground.
Wayne