• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

ok, got it, sorry, had to run and do something. I am back now.
Ok, i am not certain yet, as to what the canopy/hatch will look like.
the Extra 300, has no counterbalance on the ailerons or the elevators.
The extra 300 has a canopy for a 2 seater.

the Extra 330 SC, has a one seat canopy and counterbalances on the rudder, elevator, and ailerons. Also, the ailerons are not tapered from root to tip.

IF the canopy that will be provided is the one seater version, then, If the counterbalances are added to the aileron, rudder, and elevator, then i guess if could be called a Dalton 330 CS. (CS for my initials, since it would probably be the 1st one built like that).

Here is a blueprint of the original 330 SC , again, from EXTRA website.

extra 330 blue print copy.jpg

the blue print, has an error in it, as you can see, they call it a 300 SC, but we all know it is a 330 SC.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That looks good like the piano wire way it does guarantee that all your pins are in line never used that type of hinge. Have buy some and play with them.
Ok where is the picture of the plane can find the link.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have a question looking at the drawing of the extra the alerons have counter balance on the end. We have them on the elevator and rudder but not on the alerons why.

1592775.jpg
1636-1l.jpg

Hey Cam,

Looks like you are catching up....
The 300 SP's (300 Special or 300 Single Place) that we are both building are really owner modified versions of the first full scale Extra 300, mid wing 2 place. As far as I can find their were three Extra 300's modified into single place.
We should be getting our canopy's and hatch formers next week and I'll take pictures,
As for using full scale aileron, constant or slightly wider chord at tip with counter balances....don't do it. This is another case where full scale and scale don't work. This could be ok if you mainly were flying 3D, but since you and I are flying IMAC, the wider or constant aileron chord with counter balances will induce adverse yaw in our rolling elements. So for us flying precision aerobatics, tapered ailerons work best.
Ron and I are at the point where we can no longer build any more until the canopy/hatch stuff comes in, so Monday we will be starting to finish sand wings and tail group and maybe start to cover them as well.

Tom

Attachments

• 1592775.jpg
    1592775.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 288