• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Mikeq

150cc
Yep, I try to fly in the middle of the week with the retired guys as well. Jack who lives in Maumelle is one of those retired guys that I enjoy flying with.

Where do you fly with your Maumelle friend...Farm Club? Maybe we can get together sometime and fly... I know the Flying Tigers moved out on 365 from where they use to be on 89 and I've been invited to fly there. The Farm club isn't real close but someone told me you can fly in the afternoon there so it might be worth the trip...Henderson is strictly a morning club...north/south runway so about 1PM the sun will start getting in your eyes...

Jgsticks

50cc
Yep, I fly at FARM club. I have not flown in the morning except for flying events in several years. We usually don't start flying till 1:00 sometimes I don't get there till 3 or 4 depending on work. I think its the best place to fly giant scale in central AR. Come on out and check us out and bring a plane with you. If you been flying for a while in AR I'm sure you will know some of the FARM club members.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Where do you fly with your Maumelle friend...Farm Club? Maybe we can get together sometime and fly... I know the Flying Tigers moved out on 365 from where they use to be on 89 and I've been invited to fly there. The Farm club isn't real close but someone told me you can fly in the afternoon there so it might be worth the trip...Henderson is strictly a morning club...north/south runway so about 1PM the sun will start getting in your eyes...
Well, there you go. Fly all morning at Henderson then grab a burger on your way to the FARM club to fly until dark. We have a nice field in Pine Bluff but unless you're used to it the trees can be intimidating.

Mikeq

150cc
Well, there you go. Fly all morning at Henderson then grab a burger on your way to the FARM club to fly until dark. We have a nice field in Pine Bluff but unless you're used to it the trees can be intimidating.

Good suggestion...make a full day of flying. We have trees on the south side of our runway and open on the other...I'm not too intimidated by trees but I do respect them since having smacked few over the years..LOL Where in Pine Bluff are you guys located?

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Good suggestion...make a full day of flying. We have trees on the south side of our runway and open on the other...I'm not too intimidated by trees but I do respect them since having smacked few over the years..LOL Where in Pine Bluff are you guys located?
At the entrance to Regional Park adjacent to Lake Pine Bluff. Join us sometime. I also fly at the FARM club occasionally.

Mikeq

150cc
At the entrance to Regional Park adjacent to Lake Pine Bluff. Join us sometime. I also fly at the FARM club occasionally.

Okay...do you fly much on Sundays? My work schedule gets overloaded sometimes and I'm forced to work Saturdays which leaves only Sunday to fly. Is there a noise ordinance at either club? My 37.5% Pilot Yak is fairly loud with the Xoar prop...